The research unit CMA-UBI was created to promote high level scientific research in several areas of mathematics, their applications and theoretical physics. The main guidelines of CMA-UBI are the following:
- Enhance the engagement in national and international networks and partnerships;
- Develop multidisciplinary research;
- Promote post-graduate training;
- Increase public engagement with mathematics and scientific knowledge in the region of Beira Interior.
CMA-UBI is a research unit hosted by Faculty of Sciences of University of Beira Interior, which offers physical facilities, budget management, computing support and institutional framework to the persecution of its activities.
CMA-UBI has two research groups:
- Coordinator: Paulo Rodrigues Lima Vargas Moniz
- Vice-coordinator: Luisa Maria Jota Pereira Amaral
- Principal researcher of PMMG: João Pedro de Jesus Marto
- Principal researcher of MG: César Augusto Teixeira Marques da Silva
> NEW > Encontro Nacional da Sociedade Portuguesa de Matemática (July, 12-14)
> NEW > What is… the Langlands Program? Sérgio Mendes, ISCTE – IUL & CMA-UBI (July, 21)
> NEW > XXIX International Fall Workshop in Geometry and Physics (September, 1-4)
> NEW > Fifth Workshop New Trends in Quaternions and Octonions – NTQO 2021 (November 26-27)
Project (Programmatic): UIDP/00212/2020